When you give to Literacy Services you change lives!
When adults struggle with literacy they struggle with so many other aspects of life. It’s hard to sustain a job or earn enough to cover basic living expenses, it is difficult to support a child’s education, and it’s hard to do just about everything from reading bills to understanding leases, to following a prescription.
Literacy Services is here to partner with adults in our community who face these struggles every day. Through our basic literacy tutoring and instruction, English Language Learning, high school equivalency diploma and GED programs, and workforce training classes, adults set goals and work towards them. They grow, learn, and improve their skills
Your investment makes an impact:
- $25 covers the cost of books for one student
- $50 covers one hour of tutor training
- $100 covers the cost of the initial enrollment process for a new student
- $250 covers 3 experiential learning sessions for a group of English Language Learners
- $500 covers the costs of upgrading a computer in our digital learning center
- $750 helps one adult earn their High School Equivalency Diploma
- $1000 covers one year of personalized goal-driven tutoring for an adult learner
The trust of our supporters is paramount to Literacy Services. To preserve this trust, we embrace the values of stewardship, accountability, and transparency. We are committed to providing ready and easy access to our financial and organizational filings.
There are many ways to support our students’ hard work and transform lives:
- Gifts of cash
- Employer matching programs
- Gifts of stock, mutual funds, and other securities (may be additional benefits for supporters over 70 1⁄2 years old)
- Deferred income gifts, including charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts
- Bequests to Literacy Services as part of a will and last testament
* Our United Way Donor Choice number is 41385
Books for all ages are a great resource for both fundraising and instructional use. Donations may be dropped off in our lobby during normal business hours.
To request a pick-up or to learn about hosting a book drive, please contact Dustin Slane at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (414) 344-5878.