Current Volunteer Opportunities
Note: All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and complete a volunteer application, background screening, orientation and training prior to beginning service.
Support Education for Adults in Southeastern Wisconsin!
Literacy Services is looking for community members that care about equitable access to education in Southeastern Wisconsin. We are seeking volunteers to work with adults to improve their basic reading, writing and math skills. Come share an hour per week or more with a student and help empower our community through literacy.
Volunteer tutors will work remotely via Zoom, other online platforms, or in-person with adult students. Subjects may include English language communication, math, science, reading, and/or writing. Volunteers will provide support for students to improve their skills and reach their educational goals. Training is provided for all new volunteer tutors.
Fill out an application here to get started: www.literacyservices.org/inquiry
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be reliable and inform program staff ahead of any absences
- Motivate students with positive reinforcement, patience, and enthusiasm
- Refer to training materials to hone skills and find information
- Ask questions whenever they arise; program staff are available to assist you
- Utilize resourcefulness and problem solving as needed
- Report specific concerns or issues to the program staff and assist in resolving any problems
Estimated Time Commitment:
Minimum of 1 hour per week with 3 month commitment
- Must be patient, compassionate, supportive, and enthusiastic
- Should be independent, resourceful, and creative
- Should be willing to learn new things alongside their student
- Must have valid email address, regular email access, and be comfortable using technology