Books Unlock Potential
Donated books allow us to provide free resources to motivated, yet often low-income, adult learners with an ever-changing variety of reading materials for all interests and reading levels. In addition to offering books for free, we also sell donated goods through direct and online sales. Funds help to support the ambitious work between our volunteer tutors and their students in our Adult Basic Education, GED Preparation, and English Language Learning programs.
Consider donating books or starting a book drive to support this transformative work. Ask your local club, church, organization, business, school, community center, or condo/apartment unit about hosting a drive.
We'll make it easy
- Organize a drive to fit your schedule, any time of the year, and we can help with pick-up and delivery of goods
- If needed, large free-standing collection boxes and/or small table-top boxes are available
- We’ll supply custom co-branded posters and help advertise your support through social media
Just a couple guidelines
- We only collect new and gently used books, movies, video games, music and audio-books
- We cannot accept magazines, encyclopedias, or Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- We do accept donations for all-ages & reading levels
- Textbooks & business books are preferred
Additional Ways to help
- Boost donations with incentivized drives
- Find high-traffic areas to place our new outdoor collection bins
- Volunteer! We are always looking for more tutors and book collection support!
To donate books directly or to host your own book drive, contact Dustin Slane, Director of Marketing, at 414-344-5878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.