Are you looking for English Classes?
Do you need a High School Diploma?
Enroll in the High School Equivalency Diploma Program for English Learners! HSED-EL is a class-based program designed to help adult English Learners develop and hone their language skills while earning a high school credential. You will participate in a class with other English Learners, studying a variety of topics, completing homework assignments, and working together on collaborative projects. Your success is measured on performance in class and assignments, not on test scores.
August 7th - December 14th
Location: LSW Downtown and Online Class
Monday 9:00am - 12:00pm, in-person
Tuesday, 9:00am - 12:00pm, online
Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm, in-person
Thursday 9:00am - 12:00pm, online
- Some experience using a computer
- Must be a Wisconsin Resident
- Must be 18.5 years of age or older
- Achieve minimum scores on English Reading and Writing tests
- Achieve minimum scores on a Math assessment
- Be able to hold a short conversation in English
- PI 5.09 HSED-EL: 19 weeks long, offered once per year in the Fall.
- Class schedule: Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- An evening class option will begin in the Spring of 2025.
- Mode: The HSED-EL is hybrid: both online and in person. Class meets in-person on Mondays and Wednesdays, and virtually on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Class size: Maximum number of students is 15 per session. It is important to keep class size relatively small so that each student can receive the individualized attention they need as a language learner.
Apply by June 30th to join HSED-EL!
Spaces are limited!
Are you interested but not sure you are ready? Join Pathway!
Pathway is a class designed to help you practice the skills you will need in order to graduate from the 5.09 HSED-EL Program and get your Diploma.
Location: Literacy Services - Downtown Center
Schedule: Mondays, 9:30am - 12:00pm
Session 1: April 10 - May 1, enroll by April 7
Session 2: May 8 - June 5, enroll by May 5
Session 3: June 12 - July 24, enroll by June 9
Do you have questions or are you interested in enrolling?
Contact us! Hablamos español
HSED-EL Program Coordinator & Instructor
English & HSED-EL Instructor