Notice on COVID-19
March 11, 2020
LSW is committed to providing a safe learning experience for everyone who enters our doors. There are growing concerns about the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and, in an effort to keep you healthy and prevent the spread of germs, we are sharing some important information. Please read with your students.
All LSW locations are cleaned regularly. LSW staff will also have extra hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, and/or Lysol spray and paper towel near all program learning areas (ask your program staff for specifics). We are also requesting:
- Volunteer tutors spray/wipe down their individual learning stations (table tops, desks, etc.) before the beginning of your tutoring session
- Instructors should wipe down their lab tables and desks before and after each class
LSW will temporarily discontinue:
- Providing all types of eating utensils. If you bring a lunch, please also bring your own fork, spoon, and/or knife from home. We will no longer have silverware in our kitchen areas.
- Providing coffee mugs. LSW will provide disposable cups for coffee and water. We are asking that you consider bringing a mug from home to use for coffee and take home with you when you leave for the day. We are asking that you consider bringing a water bottle from home. LSW can only provide a limited number of disposable cups. If we are not able to keep up with the demand, we may have to discontinue providing coffee for the time being.
Please consider limiting the sharing of food at the centers. While we really (and I mean REALLY) appreciate all of the treats that are provided throughout the week, limiting food sharing will also limit the spread of germs.
LSW encourages everyone to do their part in helping prevent the spread of germs and viruses. Hand washing remains the most effective method of preventing the spread of germs, including COVID-19. We have posted signs in the bathrooms to reflect hand washing best practices.
Additional everyday preventive actions to help check the spread of respiratory diseases like coronavirus include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick until you have been free of fever for 24 hours.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
If you or a loved one are experiencing flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath, please stay home, rest and contact your medical provider.
While no one can predict with certainty whether the United States will be severely impacted by coronavirus, we are monitoring the situation and preparing for the possibility that our daily program and work routines could be temporarily impacted if the situation significantly worsens. We will keep all LSW staff, instructors, tutors, and students updated as information becomes available. Please make sure we have your updated contact information.
Additionally, we encourage everyone to regularly check the CDC’s website for important updates and safety information.