Notice on COVID-19
March 27, 2020
In an effort to honor LSW’s commitment to a safe learning experience for everyone, we have an important update on LSW programming. Since our last update letter, new information about the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to evolve rapidly, including an emergency declaration by the governor yesterday. We are committed to ensuring that we are doing our part to respond to this growing public health concern.
For that reason, LSW is taking the following actions:
- All in-person tutoring, classes, and mini-labs at LSW are suspended beginning Monday, March 16 through Thursday, April 30.
- The programming suspension impacts day and evening classes at all eight locations throughout Milwaukee, Racine, and Waukesha counties.
LSW staff will continue their normal work schedules. LSW staff will:
- Reach out directly to tutor and student pairs to coordinate alternative options to face-to-face learning.
- Schedule individual opportunities for students to pick up packets of work that can be completed remotely and keep students on-track towards their academic goals.
- Be available for calls from tutors and instructors to help provide materials and resources.
- Transition to online learning for HSED programs and MATC-related courses.
- Work with you to troubleshoot and problem-solve issues that may arise from this new approach to our learning model.
We will continue to keep all LSW staff, instructors, volunteers, and students updated on programming as more information becomes available. The information will be available and up-to-date on LSW’s website. LSW plans to be vigilant in providing updates on a regular basis. This is a fluid situation and, as such, this could change quickly. When, and if, these changes occur, we will continue to reach out through email and phone as possible. We will send out correspondence confirming the return of in-person programming.
We believe this is the best decision for everyone in the LSW community. I continue to feel grateful for the support that each and every one of you provide, especially during uncertain times.